Reason for getting banned?

Have you been wrongfully banned?

Moderator: Zaphirs_Hades

shexpeare
Thrall

Reason for getting banned?

Post by shexpeare » 01 Aug 2013, 17:35

This discussion was started in the Er forum. Now when my account to Zaphirs forums has been approved we can move it here.

I'll make it easy and just copy/paste what I earlier posted.
I was happy to see the Zaphire DMA server tonight. I really like that arena. But for some reason I got banned after a minute or so.
First I felt a little bummed out about it. But hey, at least I got a minute in DMA. Right? So Im quite ok with it considering. :)

But lets say there is some one who knows some kind of admin of some sort oh that server. And that one could explain that some Zaphirs_Sapling banned a player named [LIBRARIAN]Mr.Book from the server?
::)

If I had an account that was admin approved on Zaphirs Forums I could have posted it there. But I haven't. So lets hope this will do.
.... ... ...
When I joined the server seemed to keep restarting the map over and over.. After a few times I left the server and rejoined again after a a few moments. Played for a minute or so - then ban.
My story isn't longer than that. :D
And that's about it!

Zaphirs_Howl
Chieftain

Post by Zaphirs_Howl » 01 Aug 2013, 20:34

Seems to me that you have been banned by mistake. But I wasn't there so I can't say for certain. Sapling, what are your thoughts?

Zaphirs_Pan
Aesir

Post by Zaphirs_Pan » 05 Aug 2013, 19:26

Hey Shexpeare sorry for the inconvenience. I feel confused as you but for a different reason. I came onto the server to Urpo telling me to ban the person who was hacking the server and forcing restarts. I logged into the server quickly before he left but was too late. Then a player reconnected and after Urpo said 'there he is' I looked at the top of the screen and saw your name having joined banned you. I've had enough of hacking and with what they had done I wasn't going to ask questions. I understand you had nothing to do with this and sorry you were circled out. As I told urpo if te player in question has a problem with the ban It would come to light and I would be happy to listen. Weird thing for me is afterwards a New player name was logged and a guy acting pretty childishly entered spamming about how it's not possible to ban him, then he continued to carry restarting the server. So I thought I "banned" the right guy. It was only alittle later when someone entered saying I had banned shex.

I'm pretty confused because obviously something isn't right here. Sorry that i cut your reunion with dragon might arena short. Hope this clears things up...... Ive been told this isn't your style so sorry to have temporarily tarnished you with the hacker brush

Zyroloth
Bondi

Post by Zyroloth » 06 Aug 2013, 21:38

It's the Soviet kid from rune-world who was also using Urpo's nick several times. Too bad I canceled my 1.01 server like a week ago, I had all of his IP ranges banned (it took quite a while to have him 100% banned). However, I should still have the Nephthys file somewhere on ma comp...nevertheless, the best solution is to simply ask for Neelix' help since he also successfully banned his butt in 1.01 and HoV.

Zaphirs_Howl
Chieftain

Post by Zaphirs_Howl » 06 Aug 2013, 21:55

I'll talk to Neel about banning Doomsday later. Thanks for the reminder! :wink:

shexpeare
Thrall

Post by shexpeare » 07 Aug 2013, 22:51

I know it's easy to ban the wrong IP in the heat of the moment. :)

Btw, for banning players with dynamic IP's...
Trace the IP to it's ISP and check what IP-ranges that ISP uses and ban them?

Zaphirs_Pan
Aesir

Post by Zaphirs_Pan » 11 Aug 2013, 14:35

Can't say I was that thorough Shex, I just banned the id. Still east enough to go wrong there..... Hope it's been reversed by now anyway.

shexpeare
Thrall

Post by shexpeare » 15 Aug 2013, 13:52

Aye.It seems to work fine now.