– The saga of Afi Andvéttr (rewritten)

Visitor rants & thieves sneaking!
Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

– The saga of Afi Andvéttr (rewritten)

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 22 Dec 2005, 09:33

Dark and heavy clouds slowly rolled the sky in a tumbling manner while they unleashed huge amounts of rain. Strong winds made the pouring feel like stinging nails at the face and heavy thunder could be heard rumbling out at the sea. The rain dimmed all vision and those few outside wore heavy wool cloaks and furs to keep dry and warm.

The city gates where closed and all shops and trader stalls shut down. The few places that still showed signs of life were the taverns and inns. Yet all had the doors closed and the windows barred or had hanging furs to keep the god of thunder Thor from noticing they where enjoying tales and ale.

The only sound that mixed with the distant thunders and the falling rain where the steady woofing made by the windmill, uphill behind the storage houses, and the merry laughter coming out of the harbor tavern.

Striding down the muddy street with his leather boots soaked in mud, the cloak weighing heavy on his shoulders from days in the rain and his hat as sinister as his mood Afi Andvéttr of the Shadow Axes where heading towards the tavern. Based on his information there should not only be food and lodging there, but also the treasured source of information, information of which he and his kindred thrived. As he reached the door it was flung open by the innkeeper who as he hoisted a drunkard into the street mud turned his attention towards the wet stranger. “Come in good man. This weather is not for the sane –or sober men.” The last he said as he gestured towards the drunkard squirming in the mud. Then he stepped back and allowed passage into the warm and merry inn.

The innkeeper took Afi’s survey of the men inside as hesitation whether to enter or not. "Well come on in stranger, and have a good warmth meal and some ale to thy refreshment. This rain is taking its tow on everyone out there." Afi stepped in and eyed the gathered men at the tables. His mouth twisted in a small smile as he noticed that his information where correct. At one of the tables the High King Sölvarr Svartholtr and Fleinn Farþegn the former stallari of the Grimsborg Guard, where sharing a meal with Nerior FinnR, the king of the Brothers of the Wyrm. The issue that could bring these tree men to the same table at the village of the Berserk Head Takers would be interesting to discover.

Just as he stepped forward to go towards their table, he noticed that Sjolf Fróði and Dugfuss Billingr also where heading towards their table with a tray filled with steins. As he walked slowly towards their table he noticed that The Triad Traders, Atti Ásráðr, Auðmðr Fari Arnniútr and Auðbjörn Bóandi all stood at the bar with sly smiles and sipped slowly at their mugs while they whispered to each other. They where here for business so much could be told from the way they had placed themselves, and the way they acted.

Thinking that the crowd here tonight where indeed seldom seen in the same isle, yet tavern Afi slipped in behind Sjolf and Dugfuss. Trailing them as silent as a shadow he awaited the right moment for his entrance. And as Sjolf sat down spreading out steins to the assembled lords, Afi slipped out from the shadow behind Dugfuss and said with his broadest of smiles. "Greetings my good kings, jarls and noble men. May I Afi Andvéttr take seat and a mug or are all seats already spoken for.”

They cheered out loud and handed him a seat as well as ale and food. And as they settled in for a great welcome toast, Afi grabbed himself a leg of meat and prepared for interesting news. But the lords at the table had a much too light conversation. Without any exiting news or plots in the brewing and he started to wonder why they where here indeed. Talk should have been more serious and deep because these where all men of immense power. And with the triad traders at the bar great things had to be in the brewing, they simply had to be. Especially with the rumors he had picked up…

Time passed by and the men had a merry time boasting and telling tales. Remembering great deeds and adventures they had completed together, even Afi had a merry time. Then he finally found a moment where Sölvar was silent and the time seemed right. He placed his mug on the table and embraced himself to barter for the exchange price of a valuable issue about one of the men in the Shadow Axes that would shake the High king for sure.

But all attention from the assembled men where turned towards the door. Even the general noise and the actors and musicians could not hide the shivering all had from seeing the men coming in. To the sound of a creaking door the chilling wind made the men’s cloaks float in the air like shadowlike arms. The rain had soaked their cloaks hard and they looked like Draugr. As they stepped inside and closed the door all the gathered started to whisper and drink their ale looking anywhere but at the men. The removal of the cloaks displayed a dress and coat of arms that confirmed what all inside already had guessed.

They where from the village of the Draugr Riders and they aimed for a table near the fireplace after hanging their cloaks at the door. Tall and strongly built men they were with high quality and ancient arms. Their pouches where worn visually and showed of many coins. A fact that would make many a thief’s to try their luck had it not been for the men’s heritage. Some say that this was in fact the reason they carried them so. With a worn out look of decay in their faces they shook off the rain and sat down ordering ale, bread, fruit and meat.

Hearing their order the tavern master broke off from his talk with the triad traders at the bar and walked to their table with a tray of his average goods. “I am sorry good men but today in this rain I have nothing but the average refreshment. My serving lass are not in and though it is troubling my mind I have to stay here and serve. But enjoy the poor refreshment good men.” "Well I ÓþyrmiR Ráðbarðr of the Draugr Riders will enjoy this as if it where served in Sölvarr’s halls at Grimsborg." as he said this he nodded towards Sölvarr and raised his mug in a cheer.

All men in the tavern broke out in laughter because this man addressed the High king so boldly. But Sölvarr stood up and bowed deep to honor the man and his toast. "I am honored by your noble gesture lord of the Draugr Riders. I give the same back to thy and hope that you on safe return to thy home will bring my best wishes to thy king."
As Sölvarr turned he caught the glimpse in Afi’s eye. Sitting down Sölvarr slides a mug of ale towards Afi. "Well Afi Andvéttr since you is here at our table eating our meat and gulping our ale. Tell us kindly what news you have picked up in the isles you so freely roam and what have brought you to cross our path here today.

"Isles you roam. Those are the right words Sölvarr. He is surely doing as he pleases out there earning money swifter than even good old Atti Ásráðr up there". Sjolf said raising a mug in salute to Afi. The rest of the table broke out in more laughter, and raised a mug towards the triad traders. Afi took a gulp of his ale and started "Well you see a couple of weeks ago I left the town of Gaieschedach to head here with the news I carry. I should have done that by boat instead of traveling alone in damn woodland hills of this moist isle. I’m soaked through and chilled to my bones. But nonetheless I have good news that I promised Böggvir Billingr of Kopfgeldjaegers to spread here in Oland. Not sure it was intended for the High King already but I assume it is worth its speed in coins.” As he stopped his story to gulp some ale Sölvarr made a handful of silver coins slide in his direction. “No such thing as a good bartering. Well listen then. They have struck an ore of very good silver and are asking for trade parties to visit and bring goods, items and services to their town. All the come should mention they heard it from me they said." The assembled men all coughed hard. And then they all laughed high and enjoyed.

Afi started to gulp down more ale, and gnaw at a leg of ox meat Fleinn Farþegn handed him. He looked around at the table awaiting the right moment to get Sölvarr’s attention again. Then Sjolf started to speak. "Well we could use some good silver in exchange for other goods because our smith has been to Secretlabs and studied with their smiths at the master forges. He plans to make some very good presents for next althinga at our village." Fleinn Farþegn and Sölvarr Svartholtr both nodded in agreement and silent admiration of this very rare mastership training handed towards their smiths.

"After spreading ´the news here in Oland I plan to travel to Sydland and visit old friends. Maybe give them some words of this for free too. News gets old fast". Said Afi Andvéttr with his usual sly smile making Sölvarr moan a bit, looked at Fleinn and Nerior. They all smiled and drew daggers with lightning speed. Sölvarr’s where the last one to slice the candle at the table and they all roared out in laughter. "You are so damn honorable and always loose Sölvarr.” Fleinn said with a great grin and a slap at his friends shoulder. Noticing some of the men’s surprise of this friendly attitude between the high king and Grimsborg’s former stallari Sölvarr merely shrugged and smiled back.
Then he took out his heavy pouch form within his chain mail and dug into it. Grapping a good handful he placed them all at the table in front of Afi. "I do not know if the weight here is sufficient my trusted servant and neither cares old comrade. I am here to get soaked and spend them all and you seems like you need them a lot more than me." Again the table roared in laughter and the tavern keeper came with more ale and even some mjotur.

"This mjotur are from the lords at the bar with their best wishes to their high king and you other fine lords. Enjoy it with pleasure was the words." He withdrew hastily away from the merry table towards his bar. A bit scared of the joyful mood these famous lords had fallen into. One never knows what they are up to when getting this soaked. Thank god they didn’t all have their hird with them. All those drunkards would have been pure mayhem. He had heard his share of stories about these men, and no way would he, Garoarr Flóki going to get into that in his first week at his new inn. Skalli SkúliGrima would have enjoyed it but not he, Garoarr’s plans where to get rich and get old.

As the fishermen at the middle table stood up and prepared to leave, the room cleared a bit. Using this welcomed view of the Triad Traders Fleinn raised his cup and saluted the traders at the bar. "I, Fleinn Farþegn salute the livestock traders of Midgard. May their profit never go down?” With these words he gulped his stein of mjotur and smiled, this mjotur where quality liquid indeed. As Fleinn sat down and the others finished their mugs Atti Ásráðr came striding over. "Well what does thy mean about our profits my good man? Do you want to take those words back or is thy arm strong enough to back that big mouth up.” “He, my arm is stronger than any goat horn thy even have known. Do you want to test that oh noble king of earlier times.” Fleinn said with a sadistic grin...

In a gliding and swift move Atti Ásráðr took of his Ram skin cloak displaying his broad shoulders and strong looks. Then he dropped down beside the more bulky but shorter Sjolf. Atti’s skinny frame with the broad shoulders, combined with his bloodline and wealth always gave him a natural coming respect. So the younger Stallari lord moved over to honor his former king. As Atti put his arm towards Fleinn extending his middle finger he smiled. "Well Fleinn Farþegn of the shadow hills, give hand and let’s settle this small dispute and gulp some ale afterwards". At the bar Auðbjörn Bóandi, Auðmðr Fari Arnniútr and Garoarr all gathered their ale and walked through the tavern to the table. Stopping up behind Atti Ásráðr they tried to lend their comrade as much of their support as they could in this contest.

Afi Andvéttr looked around and then he finished his ale. Shifting from his empty mug to a can of mjotur he grabbed a small loaf of bread. Leaning back at the bench he began to dip the bread into the liquid while he smiled at ÓþyrmiR who now stood behind Fleinn. “Do thy want to wager some silver ounces in this contest brave rider.” ÓþyrmiR looked at Afi with an empty look in the eyes. Then he smiled and said “Trice offered for each of yours that the trader king will drink steadiest afterwards.” Afi’s face split in a huge grin. "It’s a done deal then ÓþyrmiR of the riders. I will put up the silver just handed down. After all, new silver is best at work.”

In the meantime Sölvarr had been the only one noticing the very small twinkle of Fleinn’s eyes. They all knew the famous strength of the hands on this noble tradesman. Often in their time together as lords they had been drinking with Atti and played many games. Atti were a dreaded opponent that most mortals avoided. Slow but steadily Fleinn extended his arm towards out stretched opponent hand. As the hands touched and fingers locked the tavern fell utterly silent. Both men smiled, and then Fleinn grabbed a fresh stein of ale. "I know thy trick good Atti, but thy will be surprised over mine."

With a look of confusion and bafflement running across his face Atti almost lost the grip as the high king Sölvarr shouted his go. All in the tavern heard the loud snap as Fleinn’s finger snapped twice. Atti had with his tremendous strength broken the finger and he smiled and again displayed his famous trick. But then his smile stiffened and faded because Fleinn Farþegn started to pull with a force Atti had never before felt. Atti had underestimated the inner strength Fleinn where so famous for. Slowly with blood dripping from the broken finger into the candlelight Fleinn slowly began to pull Atti’s hand towards himself. Trying hard to avoid the pull and with a choking feeling from ale in the throat Atti lost his breath.
Fleinn Farþegn's eyes widened and with a smile he emptied his mug of ale. With an insane grin he made an inhuman display of strength and pulled Atti so hard that all assembled gasped aloud. Atti jerked forward up and across the table and with the other hand Fleinn irked his mug towards the face of Atti. Just as the mug where about to smash into Atti’s head it where caught by ÓþyrmiR’s strong arm. "No need to crush a fine mug like that old friend. Let’s fill it with good mjotur instead." With the other hand ÓþyrmiR dropped 6 silver nuggets in. As Fleinn and Atti loosened their grips he released the mug and arm of Fleinn.

Afi were the first man to comment the contest outcome. "I must say that this where indeed beyond my expectations and a real display of tricks and power good lords." Sölvarr nodded in silent agreement and turned his attention towards Fleinn. "Please my old friend. Let me see that finger there and what is in need of being done to support it.”
Still eying Atti Fleinn agreed and as Sölvarr started to study the break Atti sighed and said. “Well ok you did win; your tribe will get 6 goats cheaper next time then by Thor's beard".

As the guests started to turn attention towards their own business and the bard began reciting a poem about this contest the Traders walked towards the bar. Afi decided it was a good moment to tell Sölvarr the urgent news he had discovered. Putting down his can of mjotur he turned his face and then the door where flung open and a man rushed inside. "There has been a theft from the mill, planks are missing and grain is leaking. Hurry to our chieftain’s house...

Garoarr dropped his stein and went all pale. One could see the shift of color as blood drenched away. Both Sjolf and Atti jumped up and ran out the door pushing the messenger aside. The locals rushed after them leaving the tavern more than half empty. At the bar Auðbjörn said. “That looked like some very important theft. I guess Atti don’t mind me keeping these little ones." While he collected the small gold nuggets Atti had left on the bar. Auðmðr tuned in. “I assume then that this trading parchment is thus agreed upon". Both men laughed hard and cheered each other with great joy ordering wine from the shocked tavern keeper. "Come now Garoarr don’t be so chocked this is only some small dust I cleaned out. Cheer up." Auðbjörn said.

At the other end of the tavern the juggler closed the door and started to juggle four torches. He where trying to impress the remaining men and serving lasses as the bard told a formidable story about the saga of Gonk’s field. The bard cleverly did this to ease the mind of the high king and because he knew that coins would be loosely handed down as return. At one of the other tables the Draugr riders enjoyed their meal in silent company. And at another table some huntsmen that enjoyed the torch juggling asked for more food and ale. They also asked two men standing at the fireplace to come over and play dice and try their luck. The men at the fireplace agreed and soon all five where having a good time rolling the dices and gulping ale.

Sölvarr looked around and then eyed Afi. “Well now that Sjolf and Atti ran off I assume that I securely can talk a bit about some other aid I would look kindly and gently upon. Afi Andvéttr of the Shadow Axes would you aid me in a very important task.” Afi nodded in silent agreement and Sölvarr continued. “There is this young pretender I have been aiding since the Alliance of Lights grand meeting. In the shadows off course, as I cannot support him in public, which I am certain you know off. He is here in this village now and that is actually why you see so many of us kings, jarls and chieftains here tonight. Some men here are training him and after completing that he must travel to Sydland for further training. Could you watch out for him and travel alongside securing his path. For this I will pay you as you never have been paid before."

Afi looked at Sölvarr for some time. Then he eyed Fleinn and Nerior one at a time. It was as he considered this quest as he never considered a task before. “Well since I am going for Sydland anyways I will take this quest upon my life and brotherhood. The life and safety BæiliR Nordmadr will be shielded by me and mine. But there is something I must tell you also my liege and high king of the isles. Bogatir Drobnjak is in fact your cousin. He is the son of your father’s brother and as such legal heir to your home crown as you have no sons yourself.” Afi Andvéttr grabbed some fruit on the table and waited for his words to sink in at the dumbstruck kings and jarls assembled.
“Well it is high risk to aid him since the althinga declined but you have a nice reward for the service. We are glad you took this onto your cloak and honor. If BæiliR receive training from others and take his revenge by himself no one can blame either us, or the Alliance of Light. I also assume you are certain on the news about Bogatir Drobnjak of the Shadow Axes since you dare mention it so boldly. But we need to see the proof or hear the witnesses of this claim though at althinga. I always thought him a Moon Mages half-breed or some spawn from here, but if true it is great news indeed. But now I really need to go and get this finger fixed by a shaman." Fleinn replied.

Sölvarr nodded a silent goodbye and the others saluted Fleinn as he rose and started to walk towards the door. As he passed the table of the Draugr Riders he did what most would not. He planted both hands solid on their table and leaned towards ÓþyrmiR and spoke in a low whisper. “Never again stop my lust building old friend, or grab me at all. Next time I will unleash it in full wrath." Before ÓþyrmiR could say anything Fleinn sent him a grim smile and then he turned and strode for the door.

Sölvarr was still too shocked to act properly and Afi slightly whistled a low tune in amazement. Vífill Kúsi of the Draugr riders stood op. Towering with his 7’1” frame he slammed the table hard. "Fleinn Farþegn you sharp tongued traveler. Do not be so harsh in thy mouth towards thy allies my good jarl and old friend. Remember that we are on the same side in this battle after all.” At the door Fleinn turned his head and looked at Vífill. "Are we now my good rider, are we now.”

As the door closed Vífill looked around at the stunned men in the tavern. Those words surprised him as much as they did the others assembled. With a silent muttering at the other tables he sat down. Looked at the other riders and shook his head in silent disbelief. If those words where interpreted in a special it could bring dark thoughts fast. Shivering in his bones over those thoughts he made a toast to the assembled men in the tavern.
The traders at the bar grabbed mugs of ale, and started to jest with the others to break the tension in the room. At that moment the stout and longhaired kitchen maid came into the hall. Her looks and big breasts made Auðbjörn growl and jump the bar. He grabbed her and pushed her into the kitchen and slammed the door shut.

Knowing that he could do nothing about Auðbjörn’s actions without stirring the royal and wealthy pot too much Garoarr simply sighed and said. “Oh my goodness, that wont bring her any good” With a grin he poured ale at his and Auðmðr’s mug. Auðmðr was though too busy eying the low voiced chatter at Nerior’s table. And just as he was to ask Garoarr if he could carry their food to get in close so that he could hear it himself. Sölvarr, Nerior and Afi yelled that they didn’t need the food they had ordered but could use some ale and privacy. Grinning loud they returned to their low voiced chatter.
When Garoarr came down with the ale, they stopped their chatter and Nerior asked "Garoarr is it possible to rent a boat here in the village, and who are we supposed to talk with about such rental.” “It depends on what purpose you have good lords. For simple tasks a mere fisherman can aid you for some silver. But if you want a bigger ship and safe guard you need to talk to Dugfuss jarl or king Meginbjörn. Well you could also try jarl Sjolf when he gets back, if he gets back that is. Maybe all the ships are setting sail soon anyways.”

Sölvarr noticed the slight shift in Garoarr’s voice but Afi was first to ask. Squirming on the bench he broke out. “What do you mean with that Garoarr, setting sail soon? Is there some kind of trouble stirring around that could need my blade and aid In exchange for silver and meals?” “Well you just relax now as I think your services have already been hired for a fair amount of silver. Enough to drown you in ale and bury you in honey for years actually so don’t think about some cozy job resulting in you drifting around just for the fun of it. Your much to skilled and trusted to do thralls work.” Sölvarr replied.

Afi jumped up and bowed low. “I thank thee king and lord. Oh ruler of the rulers divine.” Sölvarr grabbed his sleeve and pulled it. “Shut up and sit down you jester and bard pretender.” All 3 at the table had a good and healthy laughter. Nerior suggested that since their deals where done and they could use some privacy to get rid of ale and food. They should go and see what all the fuzz in that windmill where all about. They agreed and as they rose and started for the door Sölvarr turned around and looked at ÓþyrmiR.
“Did I mention earlier that you should greet your king with my best wishes when you get home good riders? If not then I did so now and hope to meet him soon, if not before then at the next althinga. And do mention to him the words Fleinn said earlier.” The riders nodded their thanks back at Sölvarr. And as he opened the door Sölvarr and just as Sölvarr opened the door Vífill stood and said. “Well my honored liege, High King of the Isles and leader of the Alliance. There is one favor he told me to ask should I be so lucky as to meet you. He begs you to come to our village as fast as possible to discuss urgent and important issues with him and king Aðalvaldr Bálki, Forni Steinulvarr and Larina in djúpúðga.
Last edited by Zaphirs_BlackOak on 22 Dec 2005, 09:57, edited 2 times in total.

Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

Person gallery;

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 22 Dec 2005, 09:35

BæiliR Nordmadr
Asagrim Zaphirs
Jarl, prince and king of Zaphirs

Sölvarr Svartholtr
BlackOak Zaphirs
Prince, king of Zaphirs and High King of Midgard.

Dugfuss Billingr
DoubleUK
Dugfuss from the vik.
Jarl and king of the Headtaking Berserkers.

Garoarr Flóki
Garret hhfo
Garoarr the outspoken and enterpresing man.
Jarl of Headtaking Berserkers.

Glumr
Gonk
Jarl of Gonkegy. Slayed by Sölvarr's grandfather.

Auðmðr Fari Arnniútr
IsCrimsonRed
Wealthy travelling one who enjoys.
King and one of the Triad Traders.

Vífill Kúsi
Kronostime
Dedicated to spreading fear and dread.
Jarl of the Draugr Riders.

Afi Andvéttr
Krown
Grandfather of the avengers.
King and head of the Shadow Axes.

Larina in djúpúðga
Laurie Deepminded
Shaman of great skill. member of the Counsil of Light.

Meginbjörn
Mace
Mighty bear
King of the Headtaking Berserkers.

Aðalvaldr Bálki
Meanbone
Ruler of Confusion
King of the Moon Mages.

Atti Ásráðr
Nefius
Father of the æesir kindred
King and one of the Triad Traders.

Nerior FinnR
Nidhogg
Nerior the samic mage
King of the Wyrm Brotherhood.

Fleinn Farþegn
Pilgrim Zaphirs
Free and travelling sharptounge
Jarl of Grimsborg and Barbarians.

ÓþyrmiR Ráðbarðr
Pupokalis
The merciless consultation
One of the Draugr Riders.

Sjolf Fróði
Sabre
Sjolf the wise one
Jarl of The Headtaking Berserkers.

Saebjorn
Sebash
King of his realm.

Bogatir Drobnjak
Sjekac Zaphirs
Shadow Axe elder. Jarl and king of Grimsborg.

Skalli SkúliGrima
Skallagrimur
The bald protection mask
Warrior of the Headtaking Berserkers.

Auðbjörn Bóandi
YellowBeard
Rich and wealthy bearded landowner
One of the Triad Traders.

Forni Steinulvarr
YeoldeStonecat
The old stone wolf
One of the founders of the Secret Smiths.

Zaphirs_Howl
Chieftain

Post by Zaphirs_Howl » 22 Dec 2005, 15:06

Why don't you wright a book? 8O

Maybe you have,I don't know...

Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 22 Dec 2005, 15:49

Zaphirs_Wolfex wrote:Why don't you wright a book? 8O

Maybe you have,I don't know...
This is 7½ pages of the 620 pages I have written so far about Isles of Midgard :P

Zaphirs_Conan
Huscarl

Post by Zaphirs_Conan » 22 Dec 2005, 16:06

oh my god 8O
AðalmækiR 'Conan' Cranebeinn

Zaphirs_Howl
Chieftain

Post by Zaphirs_Howl » 22 Dec 2005, 16:17

oh my god 8O

Warsong
Berserker

Post by Warsong » 22 Dec 2005, 16:19

oh my god 8O

Zaphirs_Conan
Huscarl

Post by Zaphirs_Conan » 22 Dec 2005, 21:43

wtf? dont spam that thread, you dont have to copy my first post 3times haha :P

anyways, nice story oak, could i might see the complete book when you are done? :wink:

Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

woah!

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 22 Dec 2005, 22:04

So you read it AðalmækiR. Glad you liked it, and rest assured you will be able to read it at some point. After all jarl AðalmækiR Cranebeinn is an awesome guy in those sagas :lol:

Laters folks!

Zaphirs_Timberwolf
Thane

Post by Zaphirs_Timberwolf » 22 Dec 2005, 23:07

Sweet. I know it's been under way for quite some time that book. It's done completely or soon? 8)
Steam ID: timberwolf84_dk
Blizzard App: TimberwolfDK#2276

Re: Person gallery;

Post by Guest » 23 Dec 2005, 01:05

BlackOak wrote:BæiliR Nordmadr
Asagrim Zaphirs
Jarl, prince and king of Zaphirs
Cheers ! :wink:

Asagrim
Aesir

Post by Asagrim » 23 Dec 2005, 01:06

yep, was me
BæiliR 'Asagrim' Nordmadr

Zaphirs_Howl
Chieftain

Post by Zaphirs_Howl » 23 Dec 2005, 10:17

I wanna be in that saga too :D

Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 23 Dec 2005, 10:24

Timberwolf wrote:It's done completely or soon? 8)
Clanhoppers and the demise of some top hordes have alongside some interesting stuff called for a rewriting of it. Hopefully I will complete it around summer time. And then try for a publishing.

If some special native english readers give a go for it 8)

(Ps, can you imagine how many NPC character models have to be built for IoM) :roll:

Zaphirs_Conan
Huscarl

Post by Zaphirs_Conan » 23 Dec 2005, 14:37

hopefully there is something special for me ;)

Zaphirs_Timberwolf
Thane

Post by Zaphirs_Timberwolf » 23 Dec 2005, 18:42

BlackOak wrote:
Timberwolf wrote:It's done completely or soon? 8)
Clanhoppers and the demise of some top hordes have alongside some interesting stuff called for a rewriting of it. Hopefully I will complete it around summer time. And then try for a publishing.

If some special native english readers give a go for it 8)

(Ps, can you imagine how many NPC character models have to be built for IoM) :roll:
As long as you stay around the story never ends. :wink:

Maybe there could be a second book instead of rewriting all the time. :wink:
Steam ID: timberwolf84_dk
Blizzard App: TimberwolfDK#2276

Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

Hmmm

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 05 Jan 2006, 20:38

Could I get some feedback on writing style, content, names, character flow etc. etc.?

Zaphirs_Howl
Chieftain

Post by Zaphirs_Howl » 07 Jan 2006, 19:15

Well,it is english which is kinda slow-read'n for me but it's nice indeed.
A little bit hard to understand sometimes and not the best i have read :)

Character names is....strange,but it is viking names so whatever :P
A bit slow in the start but a funny thing is (if i'm not missunderstanding)
that Asagrim(?) is a main person who is going to get trained :D

Where do I sign up? :P

Zaphirs_BlackOak
High King

Re: – The saga of Afi Andvéttr (rewritten)

Post by Zaphirs_BlackOak » 12 Aug 2018, 23:28

Sorry for necroing this really old thread, but I accidently stmbled over it looking for somthing else. And it struck me, that the 'book' talk has been 'revitalized' in the new http://www.islesofmidgard.com wiki :P